Welcome. It’s time to ACT. CONNECT. ENGAGE.
We’re Gearing up for the 2018 election. Are you?
See our Campaigns & Candidates Page for all the latest info.
U.S. General Mid-Term Election: 11/6/18
Need to confirm your polling place? See our Campaigns & Candidates page for full details.
It passed in the IL Senate. Now on to the House!
The U.S. only needs 2 more states to ratify the ERA for it to be added to the Constitution. Let’s make Illinois one of them! Contact your Illinois state representatives and urge them to support the Equal Rights Amendment. Click here to find your legislator’s phone number. Call. Email. Even write an old-fashioned letter.
Why do we need an Equal Rights Amendment? Read our November Speak Out.
Read ACE’s official position statement on the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment.
ACE May Meeting: Focus on the Environment
Join us Sunday, 5/20/18, @ 2:30 – 4:30 p.m., in the Community Room at the 1st Congregational ICC, 25 E. Benton Ave., Naperville, as we welcome Jeff Gahris from the Sierra Club and Illinois Solar Energy Association, IBEW Labor Advocate Harry Ohde, Tim Banas from the Citizens Climate Lobby, and Steve Jones and ACE member Pete Fales who worked to update our meeting space building. Topics will include the FEJA and its impact on green energy growth and development, future jobs and training in green technology, the Carbon Fee and Dividend, and what it takes to update older buildings and make them more environmentally friendly.
Outraged over yet another mass shooting in the United States?
The Gun Dealer Licensing Bill has passed both the IL House and Senate, but Bruce Rauner still has to sign it. Call Governor Rauner at 217-782-0244 and ask him to sign SB 1657: the Gun Dealer Licensing Act into law.
Read Beverly George’s piece, The New Normal: Frequent Public Shootings, in Speak Out. Beverly also had a Letter to the Editor on this issue printed in the Daily Herald, entitled “A gun buy-back plan for super wealthy.”
To see how your senators and representatives voted on proposed, common-sense gun legislation, click here.
WHO ARE WE?
Born out of the Women’s March in January, 2017, ACE is a progressive, grassroots group based in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our main areas of concern include health, education, and welfare; the environment; human rights; federal and state budgets; and campaigns and candidates.
With our monthly guest speakers covering topics ranging from deregulating the EPA, dark money in politics, and current trends in supporting LGBTQ+ youth, ACE strives to bring accurate, thought-provoking information to the forefront of a not-so-easily-trusted political climate.
- We hold our local, state, and federal officials and representatives accountable to be our voices in government and to serve us, their constituents, with integrity and transparency.
- We embrace the principles of human rights, inclusion, nonviolence, compassion, and fairness in all of our interactions with others as we work to promote ethical public policy in our government.
- We ACT— we march, rally, and protest peacefully with compassion and passion.
- We CONNECT—we communicate with our local, state, and federal officials to make our voices heard.
- We ENGAGE — we formed smaller teams to study individual issues and inform the larger group. We often partner with other Progressive groups in Naperville and greater Chicago area to build a louder chorus.
In a hurry for major issues and related news? Click here.
Styrofoam Recycling Program
Want to responsibly dispose of styrofoam, but don’t know what to do with all of it? ACE’s Environment Team can help! Check out our environment page for details.
For ways you can Act, Connect, Engage, click here.