Welcome. It’s time to ACT. CONNECT. ENGAGE.
ACE January Book Discussion
In January, ACE will discuss Jodi Picoult’s latest novel, A Spark of Light, on January 27, 2019, from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. Click here for more information.
The warm fall day starts like any other at the Center—a women’s reproductive health services clinic —its staff offering care to anyone who passes through its doors. Then, in late morning, a desperate and distraught gunman bursts in and opens fire, taking all inside hostage.
Picoult tackles a complicated issue in this gripping and nuanced novel. How do we balance the rights of pregnant women with the rights of the unborn they carry? What does it mean to be a good parent? A Spark of Light will inspire debate, conversation, and hopefully, understanding.
Important Dates for the March to the Polls in 2019
February 26, 2019: Consolidated Primary Election for city council seats, school boards, and other jobs in local government.
April 2, 2019: Consolidated Election
WHO ARE WE?
Born out of the Women’s March in January, 2017, ACE is a progressive, grassroots group based in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our main areas of concern include health, education, and welfare; the environment; human rights; and campaigns and candidates.
With our monthly guest speakers covering topics ranging from deregulating the EPA, dark money in politics, and current trends in supporting LGBTQ+ youth, ACE strives to bring accurate, thought-provoking information to the forefront of a not-so-easily-trusted political climate.
- We hold our local, state, and federal officials and representatives accountable to be our voices in government and to serve us, their constituents, with integrity and transparency.
- We embrace the principles of human rights, inclusion, nonviolence, compassion, and fairness in all of our interactions with others as we work to promote ethical public policy in our government.
- We ACT— we march, rally, and protest peacefully with compassion and passion.
- We CONNECT—we communicate with our local, state, and federal officials to make our voices heard.
- We ENGAGE — we formed smaller teams to study individual issues and inform the larger group. We often partner with other Progressive groups in Naperville and greater Chicago area to build a louder chorus.
In a hurry for major issues and related news? Click here.
Styrofoam Recycling Program
Want to responsibly dispose of styrofoam, but don’t know what to do with all of it? ACE’s Environment Team can help! Check out our environment page for details.
Want to eat healthier and save the planet, too? Join our Environmental Team’s Meatless Monday Initiative.
For ways you can Act, Connect, Engage, click here.