Welcome. It’s time to ACT. CONNECT. ENGAGE.
ACE January Book Discussion
In January, ACE will discuss Jodi Picoult’s latest novel, A Spark of Light, on January 27, 2019, from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. Click here for more information.
The warm fall day starts like any other at the Center—a women’s reproductive health services clinic —its staff offering care to anyone who passes through its doors. Then, in late morning, a desperate and distraught gunman bursts in and opens fire, taking all inside hostage.
Picoult tackles a complicated issue in this gripping and nuanced novel. How do we balance the rights of pregnant women with the rights of the unborn they carry? What does it mean to be a good parent? A Spark of Light will inspire debate, conversation, and hopefully, understanding.
ACE Co-Sponsors Naperville Mayoral Candidate Forum
Join us on Wednesday, 1/23/19, @ 7 p.m. for the first forum between Naperville incumbent Mayor Steve Chirico and challenger Rocky Caylor at the Naperville Municipal Center. More information here.
Did You Know?…
200 New Illinois Laws took effect on January 1. ABC-7 news details them here.
Concerned about the public health impact of Sterigenics plants in Willowbrook, Waukegan, and Gurnee?
The Chicago Tribune investigated the public health impact of the Sterigenics plants in December. Read about the chemical effects on local residents here.
MARCH TO THE POLLS: 2019
Consolidated Election: April 2
WHO ARE WE?
Born out of the Women’s March in January, 2017, ACE is a progressive, grassroots group based in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our main areas of concern include health, education, and welfare; the environment; human rights; and campaigns and candidates.
With our monthly guest speakers covering topics ranging from deregulating the EPA, dark money in politics, and current trends in supporting LGBTQ+ youth, ACE strives to bring accurate, thought-provoking information to the forefront of a not-so-easily-trusted political climate.
- We hold our local, state, and federal officials and representatives accountable to be our voices in government and to serve us, their constituents, with integrity and transparency.
- We embrace the principles of human rights, inclusion, nonviolence, compassion, and fairness in all of our interactions with others as we work to promote ethical public policy in our government.
- We ACT— we march, rally, and protest peacefully with compassion and passion.
- We CONNECT—we communicate with our local, state, and federal officials to make our voices heard.
- We ENGAGE — we formed smaller teams to study individual issues and inform the larger group. We often partner with other Progressive groups in Naperville and greater Chicago area to build a louder chorus.
In a hurry for major issues and related news? Click here.
Styrofoam Recycling Program
Want to responsibly dispose of styrofoam, but don’t know what to do with all of it? ACE’s Environment Team can help! Check out our environment page for details.
Want to eat healthier and save the planet, too? Join our Environmental Team’s Meatless Monday Initiative.
For ways you can Act, Connect, Engage, click here.