Welcome. It’s time to ACT. CONNECT. ENGAGE.
Please join us for a Women’s Issues Panel on Sunday, 3/18/18, at 2:30 p.m., in the meeting room of 1st Congregational-UCC, 25 E. Benton Ave., Naperville. Our speakers will include Michelle Fadeley, Illinois NOW; Paloma Arroyo, Planned Parenthood; and Blake Kelley, Men4Choice.
We’re Gearing up for the 2018 elections. Are you?
See our Campaigns & Candidates Page for all the latest info.
Illinois Primary: 3/20/18
U.S. General Mid-Term Election: 11/6/18
Need to confirm your polling place for the March 20th Primaries? See our Campaigns & Candidates page for full details.
Why is voting in the primary so important?
On March 20, 2018, Illinoisans will vote in a partisan primary, and the winner in each race will be on the November ballot. Unlike many other states, Illinois has no run-off after the primary. The primary is a winner-take-all and that person goes onto the November general election. Therefore, your best and only opportunity to choose your favorite candidate for any office is on March 20th. In every sense of the term, the primary is a horse race. So do your homework, pick your favorite candidate, and VOTE!
Outraged over yet another mass shooting in the United States?
The Gun Dealer Licensing Bill has passed both the IL House and Senate, but Bruce Rauner still has to sign it. Call Governor Rauner at 217-782-0244 and ask him to sign SB 1657: the Gun Dealer Licensing Act into law.
To see how your senators and representatives voted on proposed, common-sense gun legislation, click here.
WHO ARE WE?
Born out of the Women’s March in January, 2017, ACE is a progressive, grassroots group based in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our main areas of concern include health, education, and welfare; the environment; human rights; federal and state budgets; and campaigns and candidates.
With our monthly guest speakers covering topics ranging from deregulating the EPA, dark money in politics, and current trends in supporting LGBTQ+ youth, ACE strives to bring accurate, thought-provoking information to the forefront of a not-so-easily-trusted political climate.
- We hold our local, state, and federal officials and representatives accountable to be our voices in government and to serve us, their constituents, with integrity and transparency.
- We embrace the principles of human rights, inclusion, nonviolence, compassion, and fairness in all of our interactions with others as we work to promote ethical public policy in our government.
- We ACT— we march, rally, and protest peacefully with compassion and passion.
- We CONNECT—we communicate with our local, state, and federal officials to make our voices heard.
- We ENGAGE — we formed smaller teams to study individual issues and inform the larger group. We often partner with other Progressive groups in Naperville and greater Chicago area to build a louder chorus.
In a hurry for major issues and related news? Click here.
Styrofoam Recycling Program
Want to responsibly dispose of styrofoam, but don’t know what to do with all of it? ACE’s Environment Team can help! Check out our environment page for details.
For ways you can Act, Connect, Engage, click here.