Welcome. It’s time to ACT. CONNECT. ENGAGE.
NEXT MEETING: NOVEMBER 17
Join ACE for our November meeting, Let’s Talk about Impeachment, on Sunday, 11/17/19, at 2:30 – 4:30 p.m., in the Community Room, 1st Congregational UCC, 25 E. Benton Ave., Naperville. Professor Michael Seng from the John Marshall Law School will discuss the impeachment process and what we can expect.
Seng has taught classes on constitutional law, comparative legal systems, and federal courts. He is a two-time Fulbright scholar and taught in Nigeria and the Czech Republic. In 1993, Seng organized delegations of lawyers and judges to create a legal exchange to help the Czech and Slovak Republics rebuild their legal systems after the fall of Communism. He also has served as vice president for academic exchanges for the Czechoslovak Society of Arts and Sciences, Inc. A champion of fair housing laws, Seng co-founded the John Marshall Fair Housing and Support Center in 1991 and founded the John Marshall Fair Housing Legal Clinic one year later.
Missed our recent panel discussions? Click on the links to watch the videos.
WHO ARE WE?
Born out of the Women’s March in January, 2017, ACE is a progressive, grassroots group based in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our main areas of concern include health, education, and welfare; the environment; human rights; and campaigns and candidates.
With our monthly guest speakers covering topics ranging from deregulating the EPA, dark money in politics, and current trends in supporting LGBTQ+ youth, ACE strives to bring accurate, thought-provoking information to the forefront of a not-so-easily-trusted political climate.
- We hold our local, state, and federal officials and representatives accountable to be our voices in government and to serve us, their constituents, with integrity and transparency.
- We embrace the principles of human rights, inclusion, nonviolence, compassion, and fairness in all of our interactions with others as we work to promote ethical public policy in our government.
- We ACT— we march, rally, and protest peacefully with compassion and passion.
- We CONNECT—we communicate with our local, state, and federal officials to make our voices heard.
- We ENGAGE — we formed smaller teams to study individual issues and inform the larger group. We often partner with other Progressive groups in Naperville and greater Chicago area to build a louder chorus.
In a hurry for major issues and related news? Click here.
Styrofoam Recycling Program
Want to responsibly dispose of styrofoam, but don’t know what to do with all of it? ACE’s Environment Team can help! Check out our environment page for details.
Want to eat healthier and save the planet, too? Join our Environmental Team’s Meatless Monday Initiative.
For ways you can Act, Connect, Engage, click here.