Welcome. It’s time to ACT. CONNECT. ENGAGE.
The panel discussion on Renewable Energy: Developing a Plan Now for the Future, was presented on September 15th. ACE, CCL-Naperville, and LWV-Naperville collaborated to present the event.
Many thanks to panelists Vera Miller, founder of Downers Grove Clean Energy Task Force and co-facilitator of DuPage Clean Energy Coalition; Jim Truesdale, member of Clean Wheaton; Greg Hubert, member of Naperville Environment and Sustainability Task Force; Daniel Hebreard, President, Forest Preserve District of DuPage County; and George Crabtree, Ph.D., director of Department of Energy’s Joint Center for Energy Storage Research at Argonne National Lab.
Attendees were able to compare ongoing efforts in local suburban villages/towns to move toward Renewable Energy. They were also cheered by what’s happening in the DuPage Forest Preserve sites, and learn about the possible shape of the electric grid of the not-too-distant future.
Didn’t get to attend our “Journalism: The Fourth Estate—Does Social Media Threaten the Integrity, Function, and Role of Established News Sources?” Watch the video here.
WHO ARE WE?
Born out of the Women’s March in January, 2017, ACE is a progressive, grassroots group based in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our main areas of concern include health, education, and welfare; the environment; human rights; and campaigns and candidates.
With our monthly guest speakers covering topics ranging from deregulating the EPA, dark money in politics, and current trends in supporting LGBTQ+ youth, ACE strives to bring accurate, thought-provoking information to the forefront of a not-so-easily-trusted political climate.
- We hold our local, state, and federal officials and representatives accountable to be our voices in government and to serve us, their constituents, with integrity and transparency.
- We embrace the principles of human rights, inclusion, nonviolence, compassion, and fairness in all of our interactions with others as we work to promote ethical public policy in our government.
- We ACT— we march, rally, and protest peacefully with compassion and passion.
- We CONNECT—we communicate with our local, state, and federal officials to make our voices heard.
- We ENGAGE — we formed smaller teams to study individual issues and inform the larger group. We often partner with other Progressive groups in Naperville and greater Chicago area to build a louder chorus.
In a hurry for major issues and related news? Click here.
Styrofoam Recycling Program
Want to responsibly dispose of styrofoam, but don’t know what to do with all of it? ACE’s Environment Team can help! Check out our environment page for details.
Want to eat healthier and save the planet, too? Join our Environmental Team’s Meatless Monday Initiative.
For ways you can Act, Connect, Engage, click here.