Welcome. It’s time to ACT. CONNECT. ENGAGE.
Join us on February 17 ….
Our February meeting will feature a Meet and Greet for Naperville City Council Candidates, including Patrick Kelly, Nancy Turner, Barb O’Meara, and Theresa Sullivan, as well as Mayoral Candidate Rocky Caylor.
Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Community Room, 1st Congregational Church-UCC, 25 E. Benton Ave., Naperville
Naperville City Council Candidate Forum
Join ACE and a coalition of progressive groups, including Indivisible Naperville, Moms Demand Action, Voice of Indian-American Voters, Stand on Every Corner, Naper Gals, DuPage Township Democrats, and the Wheatland Township Democrats, for a forum with the Naperville City Council Candidates on Wednesday, 2/20/19, @ 7 p.m. in the Naperville Municipal Center, 400 S. Eagle St., Naperville.
Did You Know?…
200 New Illinois Laws took effect on January 1. ABC-7 news details them here.
Concerned about the public health impact of Sterigenics plants in Willowbrook, Waukegan, and Gurnee?
The Chicago Tribune investigated the public health impact of the Sterigenics plants in December. Read about the chemical effects on local residents here.
MARCH TO THE POLLS: 2019
Consolidated Election: April 2
From the LWV-Naperville:
Early Voting in DuPage County will be March 18 through April 1, at the Naperville Municipal Center in Meeting Room A.
Early Voting in Will County will be March 18 through March 31, in the City Clerk’s Office at the Naperville Municipal Center.
Same day registration and voting available at all early voting sites until April 1.
You may register and vote at your precinct on Election Day.
WHO ARE WE?
Born out of the Women’s March in January, 2017, ACE is a progressive, grassroots group based in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our main areas of concern include health, education, and welfare; the environment; human rights; and campaigns and candidates.
With our monthly guest speakers covering topics ranging from deregulating the EPA, dark money in politics, and current trends in supporting LGBTQ+ youth, ACE strives to bring accurate, thought-provoking information to the forefront of a not-so-easily-trusted political climate.
- We hold our local, state, and federal officials and representatives accountable to be our voices in government and to serve us, their constituents, with integrity and transparency.
- We embrace the principles of human rights, inclusion, nonviolence, compassion, and fairness in all of our interactions with others as we work to promote ethical public policy in our government.
- We ACT— we march, rally, and protest peacefully with compassion and passion.
- We CONNECT—we communicate with our local, state, and federal officials to make our voices heard.
- We ENGAGE — we formed smaller teams to study individual issues and inform the larger group. We often partner with other Progressive groups in Naperville and greater Chicago area to build a louder chorus.
In a hurry for major issues and related news? Click here.
Styrofoam Recycling Program
Want to responsibly dispose of styrofoam, but don’t know what to do with all of it? ACE’s Environment Team can help! Check out our environment page for details.
Want to eat healthier and save the planet, too? Join our Environmental Team’s Meatless Monday Initiative.
For ways you can Act, Connect, Engage, click here.