Welcome. It’s time to ACT. CONNECT. ENGAGE.
We’re Gearing up for the Midterms on 11/6/18. Are You?
See our Campaigns & Candidates Page for all the latest info.
Click here for a list of all important dates leading up to the mid-term elections.
How can you help your favorite candidate win in November? Check out ACE’s new Candidate Event Calendar, featuring all kinds of volunteer opportunities, including canvassing, phone banking, fundraisers, and more. To submit, email your event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outraged over yet another mass shooting in the United States?
Every day, 93 Americans die from gun violence. Since Newtown, there have been more than 200 school shootings. That’s almost one a week. American women are 16 times more likely to be shot and killed than women in other developed countries. These statistics from Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America are chilling. See what you can do to help locally here.
Read Beverly George’s piece, The New Normal: Frequent Public Shootings, in Speak Out. Beverly also had a Letter to the Editor on this issue printed in the Daily Herald, entitled “A gun buy-back plan for super wealthy.”
To see how your senators and representatives voted on proposed, common-sense gun legislation, click here.
NEXT MEETING: AUGUST 19
Our next meeting will be August 19 at 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. in the Community Room of the 1st Congregational Church-UCC, 25 E. Benton Ave., Naperville. We will be writing postcards for CBIL6 and discussing social media and how activists can use it to stay informed and spread the word.
WHO ARE WE?
Born out of the Women’s March in January, 2017, ACE is a progressive, grassroots group based in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our main areas of concern include health, education, and welfare; the environment; human rights; federal and state budgets; and campaigns and candidates.
With our monthly guest speakers covering topics ranging from deregulating the EPA, dark money in politics, and current trends in supporting LGBTQ+ youth, ACE strives to bring accurate, thought-provoking information to the forefront of a not-so-easily-trusted political climate.
- We hold our local, state, and federal officials and representatives accountable to be our voices in government and to serve us, their constituents, with integrity and transparency.
- We embrace the principles of human rights, inclusion, nonviolence, compassion, and fairness in all of our interactions with others as we work to promote ethical public policy in our government.
- We ACT— we march, rally, and protest peacefully with compassion and passion.
- We CONNECT—we communicate with our local, state, and federal officials to make our voices heard.
- We ENGAGE — we formed smaller teams to study individual issues and inform the larger group. We often partner with other Progressive groups in Naperville and greater Chicago area to build a louder chorus.
Styrofoam Recycling Program
Want to responsibly dispose of styrofoam, but don’t know what to do with all of it? ACE’s Environment Team can help! Check out our environment page for details.
For ways you can Act, Connect, Engage, click here.