First, we ACTed.
Then we CONNECTed.
Finally, we ENGAGEd.
On January 21, 2017, a group of friends from First Congregational-United Church of Christ in Naperville, Illinois, joined the Women’s March on Washington, D.C., and the sister March on Chicago. Shortly thereafter, we met for lunch to share our experiences and decided to ask other women and men in the community to join our nascent movement.
The first general meeting was held in early February and 28 attended. By the third meeting in March, more than 100 populated our email list.
ACE members have participated in the following activities:
- Held a Candidate Meet & Greet for Illinois women running against long-time male representatives.
- Protested the GOP Tax Scam. Leader Beverly George addressed the crowd in Naperville.
- Protested Rep. Peter Roskam (IL-6) and his support of the GOP Tax Bill.
- Marched in the Women’s March, the March for Science, the Climate March, the March for Truth, and the Trump Tax Day March.
- Rallied and protested against Trumpcare and for the ACA.
- Canvassed for CBIL6.
- Called, written, and Tweeted state and federal legislators on a plethora of issues.
- Held a special viewing of “An Inconvenient Sequel: Speaking Truth to Power.”
- Participated in local activist expos.
- Marched for progressive awareness in Naperville’s St. Patrick’s Day and Labor Day parades.
- Launched a Styrofoam recycling initiative.
- Hosted local speakers on a variety of topics.
ACE-Naperville is a part of Indivisible, as well as the Coalition for a Better IL 6th.